Oklahoma Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf

Academic Coursework

Must be submitted before the end of your current CEU cycle.

To apply, please submit the following information:

  • AC Request Form

  • Proof of Accreditation

  • Course Description

  • Transcript – due at completion of course

CEUs may be awarded for coursework for college credit taken at an accredited institution during the participant’s current CMP cycle. This accreditation must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the U.S. or the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education in the European Union. Successful completion is defined as receiving a minimum letter grade of “C” (2.0) or above. (If a course is being audited or taken through the continuing education office of the institution, a RID Approved Sponsor should be contacted to complete a Participant Initiated Non-RID Activity Plan (PINRA).)

Steps to Completing Academic Coursework

  1. Contact the OKRID Sponsor by submitting the required documentation to process the Academic Coursework Activity Plan.

  2. Complete the course. As long as the course is taken during your current CMP cycle, paperwork may be filed anytime during that current cycle.

  3. Submit a copy of your transcript to the sponsor. You must earn a grade of a C or better to receive CEUs.

  4. If the course is offered during a semester, the number of CEUs equals 1.5 per semester credit (i.e. a 3 credit course = 4.5 CEUs). If the course is offered during a quarter, the number of CEUs equals 1 per quarter credit (i.e. a 3 credit course = 3 CEUs).

*Please note that although CEUs can be earned if the coursework is completed during your CMP cycle, all paperwork must be submitted and approved by an RID approved sponsor before the completion of your CMP cycle.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software